I just followed the measurement of the main ingredients from Raks Kitchen with little modification with the process for my comfort.
Rava / sooji - 1 cup
Curd - 1/2 cup
Eno Fruit salt- 1 tea spoon
water - as required to get the idly batter consistency
Salt - as per taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tea spoon
Urad dal - 2 tea spoons
Channa dal- 1/4 cup
Cashews- 2 tea spoons (broken/chopped)
Curry leaves - 1 sprig (finely chopped)
Oil - 3 tea spoons
1. In a pan, heat three tea spoons of oil and add mustard seeds, channa dal, and urad dal one by one. Saute well.
2.When the channa dal is almost roasted well, add chopped cashews, and curry leaves and saute well.
3.Then Add Rava and Roast for 10 -15 minutes in medium flame.
4. Then let it cool to room temperature, and add half cup of curd and required salt, mix well
5. Keep it aside for 3-5 minutes
6. Then add required water to get the idly batter consistency. (add water little by little)
8.Add a tea spoon of fruit salt and stir well. immediately pour the batter in molds and cook for 15 minutes.
9. Insert a toothpick or fork to check whether it is coming out clean.or cook for another 5 more minutes.
1. I have not added the chopped green chilies and ginger as I had to feed this to my daughter also. If your kids can eat spicy food, you can add a chopped chili and ginger while tempering.
2. Adding one or two table spoons of grated carrot and green peas will give a great look and it will become a healthy food also
Sending this recipe to,
Linking this recipe to #recipeoftheweek | A Mummy Too