This puttu is one of the tastiest of raw banana recipe. Best combination for Sambar, and Rasam rice.
Learned from my mom and we used to call this as vazhaikkai puttu some will be calling it as podimas.
Raw banana: 2 nos (Medium)
onion - 1/4(if you use 2 or 3 pearl onions, ti gives the best taste)
Green chili -1
oil -to temper
mustard seeds and urad daal - 1 tea spoon
curry leaves - a few
salt - as per taste
Grated coconut _ 2 tea spoon (optional)
1. Cut the edges of raw banana and boil them in a pan
2. When they turn black on one side, turn it. Let it change color on all the sides. (do not over cook)
3. Remove the veg from boiling water and let it cool down.
4. Peel off the skin and grate it with grater.
5. Pre-heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds, urad daal, curry leaves
6. Add finely chopped onions and green chili and saute until the onions turn golden brown.
7. Add Grated veg, and required salt to it and saute gently.. Do not mash.
8. when veg is mixed well with onions, add grated coconut and switch off the flame.
Ready to serve with Sambar or Rasam for Rice.
Linking this recipe to Lets cook with green
sending this recipe to cook and share what you like event
Walk Through memory lane Jan- 2014 of Gayathri's Cookspot
dish-it-out- Side Dishes hosted by Sathya Priya, organized by vardhini@ cooks joy