Prepared this tasty pulao a week back. It turned out so well and the mild methi flavor and aroma in rice was so tempting. Even my kid dint complain about bitter taste.
Lets see the recipe now.
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Methi leaves - 1/3 cup (tightly packed)
corn - 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 small
Green chilies -2
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
Garlic - 2-3 cloves (finely chopped)
turmeric powder - a small pinch
salt- as per taste
Oil -2-3 tbsp
coriander leaves - a few
cashews- a few
Dry Garam masala:
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
bay leaves - 2-3
anistar - 1
elachi - 2-3
cinnamon - 1/2 inch stick
jeera/cumin - 1/2 tsp
1.Wash and soak basmati rice for atleast 30 mins.
2. Clean and chop methi leaves and keep aside.
3. In a pressure pan / cooker, heat a tbsp of oil and add the dry garam masala items listed above.
4. add cashews and fry for a while.
5. Add finely chopped ginger and garlic and saute.(dont let it burn)
6. Add lengthily cut onions, green chilies and saute until they turn soft and brown.
7. Now add corn, chopped methi leaves and saute well. onions and methi will mix together.
8. add a pinch of turmeric, soaked rice and saute for a minute.
9. In the mean time measure required water (i used 1:2 cups) and bring to boil.
10. Add boiling water to the rice mix, add salt and close the lid.
11. Leave it for 2 whilstles and switch off the flame.
12.Let it rest for 10-15 mins and gently fluff the rice with fork.
13.Add chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with Raitha or papad.
1.If you like methi taste, you can add a little more of it.
2.You can substitute chopped ginger garlic with ginger garlic paste.
3. Adding boiling water to the rice gives fluffy pulao, than the normal / cold water.
Post a Comment