I am so excited to post this chocolate cake guest post from one of my blogger friend Beulah. She shares wonderful recipes at her space FullScoops. I am always inspired by her baking recipes. She used to bake so yummy cakes and decorate it in a way you get tempted for sure. You can find all sorts of recipes from starters to Desserts and juices.
I am so glad that she agreed to write guest post for me, I know how difficult it is to blog having young children at home... She is super busy with her toddlers and doing amazing job at her blog too. Kudos Beulah and thanks again for writing the post for me :)
I always love chocolate cakes, and these pics are really tempting me... Hope you will also like it.. :) Now Lets check the recipe.
A big hello to all the readers of Easy and Simple Foods, my name is Beulah Arun and I blog at FullScoops. A short introduction about me, I am dentist by profession but now I am a busy homemaker with two beautiful kids. I started writing my blog for fun and now it's become a part of me and I'm quite passionate about it!
Today I am writing a guest post for one of my blogger friend's Tanya of easy and simple foods. Tanya is one of the sweetest people I have come across in the blogging world and very helpful and sincere. Her blog is filled with some awesome, delicious home cooked food and it's always a pleasure going through her blog. It is really a blog true to it's name, all recipes so easy and simple to cook for our daily life.
She wrote a guest post for me sometime ago, she wrote chocolate chip cookies which are absolutely delicious, it's time for me to write a guest post for her and I have chosen a chocolate cake for her. This is an easy to make delicious chocolate cake recipe, what I love about this recipe is that it makes a small cake and it's just enough for our family!
Preparation time 10 mins | Baking time 25 mins | Makes one 6"cake
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup (powdered)
- Egg - 1
- Cocoa powder - 6 tbsp
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Boiling water - 1/2 cup
- Instant coffee - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and line a 6 inch cake pan.
2. Add all the dry ingredients in a bowl and combine together.
3. Add the wet ingredients in another bowl except the hot water and whisk well.
4. Now add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gradually and mix well by adding the hot water.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then remove from pan and cool completely.
Frost the cake as you wish. You can use ganache or whipped cream to frost the cake. I used whipped cream.
1. Make sure you don't over mix while adding the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add in batches and fold gently.
Thanks for having me over, enjoy the cake!
Post a Comment