Pallipalayam is a small town in Namakkal District. Seems there were more people who were doing the carpenter jobs, and they had to travel to the neighbor places/towns for their job all the time. During those travels, they cannot carry more ingredients with them for cooking.As well as they cannot spend much time also for cooking. Hence they invented this interesting recipe with limited ingredients which stay good for long time in room temperature itself. Hence it has got the name as Pallipalayam Chicken.
Interested to know the ingredients?
Chicken - 1 lb cut it into small pieces(i used boneless)
Onion - 2 large sized (sliced)
Garlic - 1 bulb (peel the skin and chop into small pieces)
Red chilies- 2-3 (you can use according to your spice level, I have used the deseed red chilies 2 nos)
salt - as per taste
Oil - 2 table spoon
coconut pieces - one fist
1. Heat kadai/ pan with 2 table spoon of oil, and saute the sliced onions until they are golden brown.
2. Then add the chopped garlic, and the red chilies and saute until they are cooked and turns light brown.
3. Add the chicken and salt,then saute along with the onion mix.
4. Close with a lid and stir every 10 minutes to avoid burning.
5. Chicken itself leaves some water so no need to add water to cook.
6.Approximately in 30 minutes, all the water will be evaporated and the chicken would be cooked well.
7. Now add the small coconut pieces in it and stir for few mins and switch off the flame.
A tasty chicken dish is ready to enjoy. My daughter loved it with steamed rice.
1. Spice level can be increased as per your taste. In the original recipe, for 1kg of chicken 10nos of red chilies were used(with seeds).
2. The recipe and the history inspired from one of my G+ friend.
It was our sunday special lunch.. Dont miss to check the other sunday/week end special recipes below:
Veg Fried Rice
Egg Fried Rice
sending this recipe to Remya's Event