You can consider ellu urundai for after school snack for kids. I still remember the ellu urundai which my aunt brings, when she visits us. Those were made using "ural - ulakkai" and the taste is unbeatable.
I prefer making them in small quantities and making them fresh often instead of storing for more days.
Sesame (black / white / brown) - 1/2 cup
Jaggery powder - 1/4 cup
Elachi powder - a pinch (optional)
1. Dry roast sesame and cool it down
2. In mixer jar add roasted sesame and pulse it for 10 seconds then add jaggery, elachi powder to mixer grinder and run for another few seconds or until they blend and powder well.
3. take the mix in a plate and make them as required sized balls, and store in air tight container.
You can just make these yummy balls in your afternoon leisure time and treat your family with Nutrients.
1. Make sure to roast the sesame until it sputters, do not burn. roast in low flame
2. Let it cool down completly, otherwise when it mixed with Jaggery, it will start melting and the right texture would not be attained.
3.In-take in right quantity. Not suitable for pregnant ladies.
Linking this recipe to Beulah’s First Blog Anniversary Give away @ FullScoops