Made these balls too for Ganesh Chathurthi this year. As we were starting to a long trip on the same night, I could not post the recipe. Even after coming back some how missed these to post. So here the recipe for you.
Ground nut / peanuts(without skin) - 1 cup (roasted / non roasted)
Jaggery powder- 1/2 cup
elachi powder - a pinch
1. If you use the roasted ones, just roast it for a minute. Just to make sure it doesnt have any moist in it. and keep aside. If it is non roasted, roast it in simmer until the nuts are roasted well in all sides.
2. Let it cool down completely.
3. then add it to the mixer and make it to powder, when it is half done, add jaggery and elachi powder, and powder it.
4.Spread it in a plate and make balls out of it.
5.Store it in air tight container and serve
1. Non- roasted means not the fresh ones in shell. It is the dry de-shelled peanuts.
2. I prefer roasted peanuts for this, as it gives a fine powder consistency.
3. I have used non roasted as the roasted ones were not in stock.
4. You can make it to a fine powder or leave some crunch to much as i did.
5.Jaggery quantity, 1/3 cups will be sufficient if you do not want it to be too sweet.. (Mine is sweet tooth as you know :)))
Linking this recipe to Beulah’s First Blog Anniversary Give away @ FullScoops