An Easy to make payasam for guests and Poojas with less ingredients. It will be ready in minutes and will definitely treat your taste buds too.
I made this payasam this week for pooja. By the time I made pooja arrangements, the payasam was ready simultaneously.
Rava - 2 table spoon
Milk - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
sugar- 1/4 cup
Cashew nut / dry grape - 1 table spoon each
elachi powder - a pinch
saffron - few strands (optional)
Ghee - 2 tea spoons
1. Boil milk in a vessel
2. Boil a cup of water in another vessel
3.In the mean time, take a pan, heat ghee and roast cashew nuts and dry grapes separately and keep aside.
4. In the Same pan, roast, rava for 3 to 4 minutes in low flame.
5. By this time the water will be boiled, add the boiled water to the roasted rava and mix. Let the flame be in low.
6. When the rava is getting 75% cooked, add the boiling milk to it.
7. Let it boil together for another 2 or 3 minutes in low flame.
8. Add sugar, elachi powder, saffron and boil for 2-3 mins again.
9. Once the sugar dissolves well and the raw smell leaves add the roasted, cashew and dry grapes and switch off the flame.
Serve warm or cold.
1. you can adjust the sugar quantity according to your taste buds. If you like a real sweetness in your payasam, I would suggest adding another table spoon of sugar.
2. do not skip roasting the rava, otherwise the payasam will get thickened fast. And will become soggy.
Post a Comment