Happy Raksha Bandhan to all my brothers in the world :)
Though it is mostly celebrated in North India, Now it is getting popular in all around the nation. Raksha Bandhan is a festival for Brothers and Sisters to show their love and care. Sisters pray for Brother's well being and tie a Rakhi in brother's hand. And Brothers take a wow to protect their sisters. It doesn't mean to be celebrated only with the siblings. Any person who treats the people around as Brother / Sister and wish for their wellness can do this. This is my treat to all my brothers.
It is a simple dessert, yet liked by all for sure. During my college days, when i return back to hostel my mom used to pack this for sure along with the other snacks. Though shelf time is less for this ladoos(if milk is added), I never bothered as it gets finished in no time. My mom used to make few versions like, with / without milk, with / without scrapped coconut etc, depends on the occasion. Today I am sharing the recipe with milk. It can be used for 1-2 days in room temperature.
Rava - 1 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
ghee - 1/4 cup + 2 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup
Broken cashews - 2 tbsp
dry grapes - 1 tbsp
elachi - 1 tsp powdered.
1. In a Pan heat 2 tsp of ghee and fry cashews and dry grapes then keep them aside.
2. In the same pan, roast rava , Once rava is roasted well, (say in 5-7 mins in simmer flame), add sugar and mix well without lumps.
3. Then add 1/4 cup of milk and mix gently.
4. Add half of the milk taken and mix adding elachi powder to it.
5. Switch off the flame and let it become touchable/bearable hot.
7. If it is difficult to make it as ball sprinkle little more milk and try to make balls. Do not add more than the given quantity of milk.
Enjoy the delectable Ladoos with your family and friends :)
Post a Comment