Carrot Poriyal or Grated carrot stir will definitely take place in our guest lunch menu. Carrots are one of the veggie which are cheap in cost here (In india the things are different :))My kid also loves to eat raw carrots, as these are good for eyes i always encourage her to eat it. So whenever i shop veggeis, i used to get at least 2 or 3 packs of carrots. So all the time this veggie will be available in fridge. This is simple to make and so healthy too. Kids also will be attracted by its color.
Grated Carrot - 2 cups
finely choppe onion -2 table spoon (optional)
green chilies - 2 small or 1 big
salt - as per taste
Oil - 1 or 2 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dal - 1/2 tsp
curry leaves - 1 sprig
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Heat oil in pan and the items listed in "To Temper". Saute for 30 seconds.
2. Then add onions and green chilies and saute well until the raw smell of green chili leaves.
3. Then add grated carrot and saute gently. add required salt.
4. cover with a lid and let it cook. In between open the lid and stir gently.
5. Switch off the flame once the veg is cooked.
1. you can even add more onions. As i do not prefer personally i did not add more.
2. similarly if you need a spicy version then add one or two green chilies extra. I prefer the veggies in their actual flavor and taste. so I do not add much spices.
I have already shared Carrot Egg Stir recipe. Don't miss to check that also :))
Post a Comment