Last time when I got strawberry i thought of making some cakes with it, and ended up making these delicious cup cakes.
Strawberries - 4-5 large (the puree should be 1/3 cups)
Strawberries - 1-2 large cut them into small pieces
APF - 1 and 2/3 cups &1 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
sugar- 1 cup
milk- 3/4 cup
egg - 1
yogurt/curd- 1/4 cup
vanilla extract - 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 345F and line the cupcake mold with the liners.
2. In a blender add the cut strawberries and give a quick pulse and make it as puree (preferably chunky puree)
3. Cut the remaining strawberries and keep aside
4. Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, and keep aside.
5. In a pan melt the butter, transfer to the mixing bowl, add sugar and mix well
6. then add, milk, yogurt,vanilla extract and mix well
7.Now add the sieved flour mix and mix.
8. Add the Strawberry puree and give a quick mix.
9. At last add the cut strawberry pieces to it. and mix gently
10. Pour them into the cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes
11. Check with toothpick whether it is done or not. if the toothpick comes out clean, then remove from oven and cool then in cooling rack.
Instead of making puree, you can just cut them into small pieces and add.
The given quantity makes about 15-18 cup cakes.
sending this recipe to Rafee's baking fest event Bake fest May 2014