I knew i will not be in a mood to cook anything as i will be very tired after the trip, i have prepared the idly dosa batter before going for trip. With the plan of making some simple yet healthy chutneys. I have stocked veggies like, pumpkin, radish, carrot, bell peppers kind of veggies, so i can make some healthy chutney to dip with idly or dosa. Today I am sharing the radish chutney recipe , pumpkin and carrot chutneys are on the way. :)))
About Radish, they are one of the healthiest veggies with lot of goodness in it. Most recommended for the people with the kidney stone problems. I always prefer adding this veggie at least once a week.
Radish - 1 medium size, remove skin and slice(sliced radish about 3/4 cup)
onion - 1/2 (chopped)
tomato -1 medium (chopped)
ginger - a small piece
garlic - 2-3 cloves
tamarind - a gooseberry sized
channa dal - 1 tbsp
urad dal -1 tbsp
oil - 2 tea spoon
red chilies- 2 (you can add more if you like spicy chutney)
salt- as per taste
Oil - 2-3 tsp
mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
urad dal - 1 tsp
perungayam - a pinch
jeera - 1/2 tea spoon
1. In a pan heat 2 tsp of oil and roast the channa dal and urad dal in medium heat
2. When they start changing to light brown color, add tamarind,red chilies, ginger and garlic to it and saute well.
3. now add the cut onions and saute until they are transparent.
4. Then add the sliced radish to it and saute until they are soft.
5. Atlast add the tomatoes and saute well for 2 minutes.
6.Let it cool down, then grind it in blender or mixie
7.temper it and serve with idly or dosa.
1. If you are adding tamarind concentrate add it at last before switching off the stove.
2.any radish can be used, either red or white
3. cut the radish into thin slices, which will be cooked quickly.