Making of milk Peda was so simple and you can consider this sweet for festivals, Parties and potluck.
My mom used to make Palkova at home, with fresh milk, That is the only milk sweet we prepare at home...but I never thought of using milk powder and making a simple dessert... :) I thought of making palkova as i had a gallon of milk in fridge unused.... But after checking this recipe from Archana's Kitchen, I was attracted by its simplicity. So I wanted to try and as it is a successful recipe, I am archiving it for future reference
Here is the recipe:
I have adjusted the sugar level according to my preference.. For the actual measurement of ingredients please check here
Milk powder - 1-3/4 cups
Condensed milk - 1 cup (397 ml tin will be 1-1/2 cups,)
butter -3 table spoon (at room temperature)
elachi powder - 1/2 tea spoon
ghee -1 tea spoon (to grease palm)
Food color - one pinch diluted in a tea spoon of water (optional)
Boiled milk at room temperature - 1 or 2 tea spoon (if required)
almonds / pistachios- chopped - for decoration
1. Add, butter, milk powder, condensed milk, and whisk them well.
2. Put them in a low heat and mix well for two to three minutes.
3. When the dough is formed, oil spots will be shown in the pan.Then add elachi powder and mix well again. (If it looks in a dry or Puttu kind of texture, no problem, we are going to kneed it again)
4. Once the dough becomes cool, kneed them well. If it is dry add a tea spoon of boiled milk and kneed well.
5. If you need the colored beda, mix the diluted colors a drop with the dough.
6. grease your palms with ghee and take a small amount of dough and make it a ball.
7.Press the center of ball with your finger and decorate it with chopped almonds or pistachios.
Repeat the steps for the remaining dough.
Adding colors are purely optional. try to add very minimal.. :)
Hope you enjoyed the recipe. Share it to your friends too :) Thanks... Tomorrow coming up with a colorful lunch box recipe.. :)
Group of we friends are celebrating holi with colorful recipes. wish you all a colorful and happy holi wishes again :)
FR event hosted by Tanushree and Organized by Swathi