Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Mini Pizza

Here it is Spring Break for Kids and Moms became busy with their Kids play dates and other schedules. So I am also not exceptional and doing the same thing. Busy roaming with my daughter and having a wonderful time. So could not find time to post this recipe.. :)))
Last weekend special at our home was, "Home made Mini Pizza". I was thinking to make pizza at home for a long time, and did not find time for it. Saturday, when I was thinking what to prepare for dinner (I really wanted to make something with less vessels usage), I got the idea of making a surprise dinner for my family. My hubby and daughter both love pizza (my daughter consoles herself saying, "pizza is junk food., but it is OK to eat occasionally:)))" ). She helped me doing the topping as she has experience(!) in it. sometimes back she attended a program where making the pizza was an activity, that helped us making a home made pizza :)))



Saturday I made the pizza with only capsicums and olives. The toppings are always our own choices only. You can pick your choice of veggies or meat to make a delicious pizza.


Ingredients:

To make pizza bread:

All purpose flour - 2 cups
instant dry yeast - 2 tea spoon
salt - 1 tea spoon
sugar - 1 tea spoon
warm water - 1 cup
Oil- 1or 2 tea spoons
For topping: (I used)

pizza sauce / tomato sauce - 2-3 table spoon
Cheese - 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup or as required  (I used shredded cheese )
thinly sliced capsicums - 3/4 cup or as required
Olives - as required(I used the whole 8oz can)
Jalapeno - 6 slices (optional)


Preparation:

1. In a bowl, take instant dry yeast, salt and sugar and dissolve them in a cup of warm water.
2.In a large bowl, take 2 cups of all purpose flour, and slowly add the warm water mix and make it like a chapati dough.

3. Add a tea spoon of oil and make it like a ball and cover the bowl with a plastic cover or a wet towel.

4.Leave it for atleat 2 hours. (I left it for almost 3 hours)
5.Now the size of the dough would become double.
6. To make mini pizza, take a small portion of dough and spread it in hand with whatever shape you like, and arrange them on a parchment sheet, or greased and floured cookie sheets or pizza/baking pans


7. Apply one or two tea spoons of tomato / pizza sauce and spread.
8. Sprinkle some cheese on it,
9.then Add the veggies of your choice
10. then again sprinkle some cheese on top of it.

11. In the mean time while arranging the topping, Pre-heat oven to 390F for 15 minutes
12. Bake it for 18-23 minutes or until the edges are crispy. (time varies for each oven..I did for 23 minutes)
13. Serve hot with Ketch up or sauce.


Notes:
1. I have made 6 mini pizza and a medium pizza out of this dough.
2. Jalapenos would be very hot, I dont prefer for kids, I added those only for my hubby, as he prefers some hot and spicy.

sending this recipe to Rafee's baking fest event  Bake fest May 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment