Can anything else be the best side dish for Poori other than Potato Masala?
Poori Kilangu would be one of the favorite food to order even in the restaurants for breakfast or dinner. As it is an oily food, we dont make it often. But at least monthly once, this yummy poori and potato masala will occupy our plates.
This is an easy and quick side dish. I normally used to boil the potatoes little advanced or along with Rice in afternoon in the same cooker. So it will take just few minutes to prepare this side dish. This is the version which we normally make at our home. I normally do not add gram flour in it. But it can be added to have consistency.
Potatoes - 2-3 large (Boiled and Peeled)
Onion - 1 medium (thinly sliced)
Green chili - 1 or 2 (depends on your spice level increase or decrease)
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece (finely chopped)
Tomato - 2 table spoons (finely chopped) (optional)
Turmeric - a large pinch
Channa dal - 1 table spoon
mustard seeds-1/2 tea spoon
Urad dal - 1/2 tea spoon
Oil - To temper and saute
curry leaves - a few
Coriander leaves - a few
1. In a pan heat oil and add the Channa dal and fry.
2. When they are turning slight brown, add the mustard seeds and urad dal to it and fry until the dal turn a mild brown and fried well.
3.Add chopped ginger and curry leaves and saute well.
4. After a minute, add the cut green chilies and the sliced Onions to it and saute until the onions are transparent.Then add the tomato and saute well
5. Add a cup of water, and a pinch of turmeric, salt to taste to it and let it boil until the onions are cooked soft.
6. Now cut the potatoes and keep ready. Take about half a large potato and mash with hands nicely and make it like a paste.
7. When the raw smell of turmeric leaves, and the onions are soft, add the cubed potatoes, mashed potatoes to it and mix.
8. let them cook for a while, and make sure it has sufficient water to cook.(If not add some boiling water)
9. Just add some chopped coriander leaves and switch off the flame
Now enjoy with the puffy poories.
Post a Comment