And i felt it is easy to make than frying in pan with lots of oil. If it is planned cooking of the day, I suggest you to marinate well before cooking.I marinated almost 5 hours that day when I prepared this. It was so soft and tender, and all the masala was absorbed well into the chicken flush. It was yum yum yummy. It will suit well for parties and get together. And you don't need to wait in kitchen till all the pieces are done as it is baked at once...
chicken legs - 5 leg pieces
oil- 2 - 3 tea spoons
curd - 1 tbsp
ginger garlic paste - 2 tea spoons
Chili powder - 1 tea spoon
coriander powder - 1 tea spoon
garam masala - 1 tea spoon
lemon juice - 1 tea spoon (I didn't use it for marinating, i used it after cooking is done. it is your choice when to add.)
salt - as per taste
1. wash and drain water from chicken and keep aside.
2. mix all the ingredients given in the marinated list and make a paste of it.
3. With the help of knife, slit the chicken legs and apply the paste all over. (try to make atleast 3-4 slits per leg)
4. Then mix the legs in masala and let it marinate for minimum of two hours.
5. preheat oven for 350F and bake the chicken for 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Make sure to flip or turn the chicken in between for even cooking.
7. If it not cooked properly, bake it for another 5 to 10 minutes.
once it is done, cover it in the foil loosely for five minutes.
squeeze the lemon on top it and serve.
sending this recipe to
Valentine's Treat event by Indrani
cook and share what you like event
South Indian cooking hosted by Nandoos Kitchen and organized by Anu
Only food for growing kids event hosted by Shrutis Rasoi and organized by Pari