Monday, January 27, 2014
Easy peas rice
Peas rice will be loved by kids as they love green peas and the aroma of basmati rice...
I love the smell of basmati rice and whenever i open the rice bag, i use to smell deeply.
This rice can be cooked with ponni rice also, But normally I prefer making it with basmati. I made this stove top this time, you can make this in pressure cooker also. leave it for 2-3 whistles or per your rice used.
Basmati Rice -1 cup
Green peas -3/4 a cup (fresh or frozen)
Onion -1 small
Green chili -2-3 (medium)
ginger garlic paste -1/2 tea spoon
Bay leave- 1
cinnamon-1 small piece
fennel seeds -1/4 a tea spoon
anistar - 1 floret
oil-2 tea spoon
ghee-1 tea spoon(optional)
coriander leaves - a few(finely chopped)
1.Soak basmati Rice for 30 mins.
2. In a sauce pan, heat 2 teaspoons of oil and add bay leave, cinnamon stick, fenel seeds, and anistar.
3. Fry them until the nice aroma comes, then add sliced onions and green chili to it.
4. Fry them in medium heat, and dont let it burn.
5. When the onions are transparent add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell leaves.
6.Add Grean peas and fry for a minute or two.
7.Add 2 cups of water and close the pan with lid.
8. When the water boils and green peas is half cooked, add soaked basmati rice to it and reduce the flame to simmer. close pan with a lid.
9.cook for 10- 15 mins. In between open the lid and stir gently without breaking rice and make sure it is not burning.
10. When the rice is cooked and water is absorbed, switch off the flame.
11. Add a tea spoon of ghee and chopped coiander close with lid for another 5 mins then serve with your favorite side dish.
This will be perfect for lunch boxes and dinner for guests.
Sending this recipe to Lets cook with Green Vegetables