quantity given here serves 2.
Coconut- little more than 1/4 of (medium sized)coconut.
Tomato - 1 big in size (or 2 small)
green chilies - 2(If you like hot and spicy,then pls add one more chili)
salt - as per taste
mustard seeds and urad daal - 1 tea spoon
jeera - 1/2 tea spoon(optional)
red chili -1
curry leaves - a few
oil :2 tea spoons (to saute and temper)
1. Cut tomato and coconut into small cubes
2. Pre heat 1 tea spoon of oil in a pan, and add green chilies and tomato cubes to it.
3.When tomato is getting soft, add coconut pieces to it and mix well. Switch off the flame
4. Let it cool down and grind in mixer and add salt as per taste.
5. Heat oil in pan/ tadka pan, then add mustard seeds, urad daal, jeera, red chilies and curry leaves one by one, pour tadka on chutney and mix.
Serve with hot idlies.
1. After adding coconut, no need to saute in flame.
2. No need to add water while grinding the chutney. the water in tomato itself will be sufficient.
3.Add water only if you don't need thick chutney.
Sending this recipe to Cook With Red Event announced at Merry Tummy
In my VEG BOX ~ TOMATOES event by citrusspiceuk
dish-it-out- Side Dishes hosted by Sathya Priya, organized by vardhini@ cooks joy
This recipe is simple and interesting. Tomatoes with coconut, sounds good. Will give it a try and let you know.
I too have just stepped in to this blogging world. Pls Do visit my space and share your comment.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you for visiting my page. Please do try and let me know your feedback... :)
i will visit your page as soon as possible.. :)
Love coconut and tomatoes both. Glad you linked this at my event :-)ReplyDelete