Hmmmm New year celebrations are over.. :) With the memories of these holidays and celebrations, we will be waiting for the next holidays... And from today the routine starts again.
For me Celebration and festivals will not be completed with out non-veg foods. According to me Non-veg recipes make the feast richer. But As my husband is vegetarian, I started making the veg feast on weekends and festival days(Just cannot cook two different and get tired :P). So only in the weekdays I prepare non-veg.
My Daughter loves the deep fried non-veg foods, also she doesn't eat much spicy foods.So i always have to make my own masalas than using the store bought.. But i never have that patience to dry roast the ingredients and grind the masala, or to marinate for hours.
So i follow some simple way of making dishes, at the same time with the taste what my daughter expects. Hope you will also find it simple and easy.
Here is the simple way to prepare the tastiest shrimp fry.
I have taken the measurements of spices for 1 serving. You can adjust according to your quantity of preparation.
Prawns / Shrimp (small) - 12-15 (count)
chilli powder - 1/2 tea spoon
garam masala - 1/2 tea spoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
ginger garlic paste - 1 tea spoon
salt- as per taste
lemon juice -2-3 drops(optional)
To Deep Fry:
Vegetable / sun flower oil - 75ml-100 ml
egg white - 1/2 egg (optional)
bread crumbs - 4 table spoons (optional)
1. First clean the shrimps and keep it ready.
2. Add all the ingredients mentioned above with shrimp and mix well. Keep it aside.(I left it aside for 30 mins)
3. Beat Egg white in a bowl, and keep the bread crumbs ready. Heat oil in pan
4. Dip the shrimp in beaten egg and then roll it in the bread crumbs (If you want a thicker layer, repeat step 4). I didn't remove the tail , so it was easy for me to hold while dipping and rolling.
5.Once the oil is pre-heated, put the shrimps in it, when they are cooked in one side, turn over. Repeat until the "Shh" sound and the bubbles reduces.
6. When cooked, remove from oil and drain in Tissue paper.
7.Serve hot as it is or with your main course.
1. If you do not have bread crumbs, don't worry. you can fry them as it is(skip steps 3 and 4).
2. Always cook in Medium flame.
linking this recipe to cook N share what you like
Very nice recipe! I am new to blogging, nice to come across your page!ReplyDelete
fullscoops, Thank you for the visit and support :)Delete