This Green Gram salad is healthy and easy recipe which can be taken between your meals or as your evening snacks, it even you can pack this when you are travelling. Using Sprouted green gram we can make pesarattu (a variety of dosa) also.
My mom used give us sprouted green grams as a snack, and sometimes she used to pack this in my lunch bag to have in tea break at office. Once i was sharing this sprouted green gram with my friends and One of them gave me this idea of making it more delicious, healthy and colorful. So here the salad is,
For one serving:
sprouted green gram - 1/4 cup
grated carrot - 2 tea spoons
lemon -2 to 3 drops
salt and pepper -a pinch (optional)
Coriander leaves -1 tea spoon (finely chopped)
Add the listed items in a bowl, mix well and enjoy your simply made salad.
You can add your own ingredients like, pomegranate, dates, Nuts and other healthy items to it and make your own healthy salads.
How to make Sprouted green gram?
1. Wash and soak a cup of(or your required quantity) green grams in a bowl or box with sufficient water.
2. After 7 to 8 hours, check whether it is soaked properly. if yes drain the remaining water.
3. Wash with cold water and drain water completely.
4. Store it in a air- tight container or box.
5. In another 6 to 7 hours, it would have started sprouting nicely.
6. If its sprout comes out too much then it will start tasting slightly bitter. So soak only the required quantity.
7. Do not refrigerate.
1. If you are trying the sprouted grams for first time, try it in a small quantity.
2. If you are serving for kids, make sure they are munching properly and having.
3. An additional information to the friends who are conceived, if you take a spoon of sprouted green grams everyday it will make your delivery easy. And good for baby also.
Sending this healthy recipe to New "U"
This post is shared at Plant-Based Potluck Party Link Up
Nice salad. Have posted the recipe u have asked a day before dear. Check out.ReplyDelete
Thank you Lincy... :)Delete
I have tried eating sprouted grains for salad once and it is delicious! Yours looks refreshingly good too!ReplyDelete
Thank you Zoe. Yes, it is absolutely healthy snack in less effort :)Delete
Wonderful healthy salad.ReplyDelete
Thank you Nandoo for the visit ,comment and adding me in your list :)ReplyDelete
Lovely salad,Happy to connect with you through GFC,will be glad if you add me back tooReplyDelete
Thank you Harini. Glad that you have visited my page.Delete
Please do support continually :)
Sure i will visit your page and follow :)
that's a yummy salad... glad to have come by your page, happily following u... :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Rafeeda :)ReplyDelete
very healthy salad Tanya....ReplyDelete
Healthy salad. Thanks for linking.ReplyDelete
Great recipe and tips. Thank you. :)ReplyDelete