chicken - 1/2 kg (As I was having only boneless chicken at freezer i used that.)
salt - as per taste
Onions -2 medium
Tomato - 2 medium
Green chili - 1 medium
turmeric powder - 1/4 tea spoon
Garlic - 3-4 cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 inch (crushed or finely chopped)
Ghee - 1 tea spoon
coconut milk - 1/4 cup(thick one)
Coriander leaves - a handful
1. Wash and drain water from chicken and marinate with Pepper, salt and turmeric and keep aside for 30 mins.
2. In a pan, heat oil and saute green chili and Onion until the onions are getting transparent .
4. Then add finely chopped ginger to it and saute well until the raw smell leaves
5. Add the marinated chicken to it and saute for a while, (this helped the chicken to blend with the masala well)
6. add half a cup of water to it,stir and close with a lid and keep the flame in simmer, and let it cook until the chicken is tender. (for me it took about 40 mins).
7. Add the coconut milk and crushed garlic and mix well.
8.Add a tea spoon of ghee and switch off the flame, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves .
9. Serve hot with your choice of Rice or Chapati.
1. If you like a dry pepper chicken, before you add the coconut milk, open the lid and cook for another
5 mins or until it becomes thick.
2. If you want pepper chicken in slight grey color (pepper color), then do not add the turmeric powder.